HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
MA Jay

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

TXhighrack,

I stand corrected, Exotics is what Texas calls them.
"Exotic animal refers to grass-eating or plant-eating, single-hoofed or cloven-hoofed mammals that are not indigenous or native to Texas and are known as ungulates, including animals from the deer and antelope families that landowners have introduced into this state."
There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons, and you are not allowed to harvest one without the landowners permission. Verbatim from Parks and Wildlife.

Do you know what the rest of the world calls animals that have been purchased and bred and then released into enclosures where they are raised and then sold off? Farm animals... like cows,pig andsheep and in your case here, goats and red stag.

See, I never once knocked the right to buy a large piece of land, throw up a high fence and buy some animals to release inside the pen you made. One of the great things about America is you can do that here. But, when you turn your yard into a farm for game animals so you and your friends or paying customers can shoot them, it's no longer called hunting. I call an enclosure that has captive exotic animals a zoo.

When you say
I refuse to hunt in Sub-par habitat for sub-par animals.
You make it clear that if God didn't give Texas large herds of antelope or stags, you can buy some from a farmer andlet them lose in a pen, albeit a large one, feed them from troughs and feeders as we do other domesticated animals, then shoot them whenever you either see fit, or have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket. If you honestly think that is hunting, then man are we from 2 different planets.

We both seem to have the money to pursue animals however we wish. I am sorry that you can't see how buying from a place like this http://www.wilsonwhitetails.com/exotics.htmlwhere they have had a 97.5% success rate on whitetail deer since 2000 and they state for Exotics -
Market availability and prices of exotics varies from time and time and exceptional animals command a higher price. Please check with us for current prices.
Come on TXighrack.... I read the same exact thing at the butcher or fish monger. Hell, it's the same thing my favorite restaurant puts up for items like lobster or kobe beef. It's not "hunting" when you can buy it, it's a sure thing. It's guranteed! What kind of true hunting is guranteed? Where is the sport in that? If you want to buy a "trophy rack" off e-Bay, at least there is the challenge of an auction.
Hey, I am not saying that hunting your buddies 45,000 acrea ranch isn't a challenge. That's not my point here at all. My ONLY point here is that when you go down a price list and see - Corsican Ram = $450, and you can say "I want 1 of them" and you jump into golf cart and get put up in the comfy shooting house over the feeder programmed to go off at exactly 4:32, and out pops 6 Corsican Rams as they have every night for a week, that is NOT hunting!!!! The reason I even posted on this thread is because that is what he did.
For this bright guy who wrote this-
There is no such thing as a domesticated whitetailed deer.
What "Livestock" do you thinkall of these farmers raise? To give you an idea, there are 600 "Deer Farms" inOhio alone. You do make a point, some guys can't differentiate between shooting domesticated farm animals and wild animals, which is the only reason I am bothering with typing all of this out.