HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Bird Dog Trainers
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 PM
gspjeb

Default RE: Best Bird Dog Trainers

this is a tough question........I guess the truest answer is that there is probably no "best" trainer.......but there are a lot of great trainers out there. As before mentioned, the best one is the one that values the same finished product as you. I have fully finished several dogs myself and have loved it......however, it required a great deal of time every day......that is the advantage of a pro.......there is really no magic to dog training....it is consistency......day in, day out........as I said I have finished several dogs myself, but my job doesnt allow me to spend the time that is required at this point in my new dogs development. I have sent him to a pro that I know and he is doing great. He has my dog into birds every day and is doing a great job. I know how I am in the field and I would be grumpy if my dog was running around bumping birds.......not backing......or breaking at the flush (personal for me) so a pro is the nicest thing that I can do not only for me but for my dog as well.........good luck whatever you choose