HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Form video
Thread: Form video
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:11 AM
gibblet

Default RE: Form video

hey, i know both he and matt are far better shots than i am. i've been working at this bt thing for 10 months and still don't know if i'm going to get 'it'. all i'm saying is that is what passes for bt, but isn't it (at least according to the fellow that i went to school with to learn it. one of first things he taught us was how to recognize what is not it.)

there is no explosion because there is no added tension on thebow besides holding wt.

there is no follow thru because it is impossible to follow thru when you have no idea when the release will occur. what happens after that instant is of no concern to the shooter whatsoever, and there is no way in the world the shooter would ever know what happened unless someone showed them a video. follow thru with bt is a myth. its impossible to drop your bow arm in anticipation. its impossible to do anything with your bow hand because it was completely relaxed to start with. your release hand will maybe move 2" after the shot, that's it, everything else is fake if you're shooting bt.

i didn't figure any of this stuff out, i'm spitting out what i learned from larry. if you've seen him shoot, he shoots with back tension.