HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 45 min shotgun hunt last year, Bowhunting this year??
Old 02-27-2006, 08:20 PM
it flies it dies

Default 45 min shotgun hunt last year, Bowhunting this year??

ok, so last year, I went turkey hunting for the first time. I wanted to go with the bow then, but I had my doubts about whether I could pull it off... after all, i had heard they were tuff to get with the shotgun, and being that it was my first time I elected to go with the gun. after months of patterning and scouting the birds I was to hunt, i couldn't wait til opening day... then it came and I set out for a long, tuff hunt.... 45 minutes and one 23lb tom with a 9 inch beard later i was kicking myself for not going with my bow.... anyway, to my point... this year I decided that I am going to use my bow, but I have only a slight idea of how to set up my bow for turkey hunting. Is there anything special that I need to know about bowhunting the turkeys vs. gunning them? Right now i have a Hoyt MT Sport set at about a 70lb draw weight. I use carbon express arrows and 4 blade 90 grain Muzzy broadheads. Do I need anything special? I thought about getting the gobbler guillotine, but i am not sure about how they would work if I was to take a body shot vs. head shot...

Thanks for any help oradviceyou can give,

It flies it dies