HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guess what? Found another dead buck.(pics)
Old 01-12-2002, 12:18 AM
kshunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guess what? Found another dead buck.(pics)

I estimated the buck to be 4 1/2 years old by it's teeth. Blue tongue is around here. I beleive it does get a few deer every year. I was talking to a local wildlife biogolist, and he said a few years back blue tongue took 1/3 of the deer population to the county north of me. But deer that have blue tongue usually die around the water. And this one was a ways from it.

Last year I found 6 dead deer in the same hunting spot, only 2 had nice racks though, and most every one was by the water. So I talked to the biologist and he said it most likely was blue-tongue. But there's still more bucks on the that hunting spot. The landowner said there was 4 bucks she always seen together on there, and said they all had "Pretty" racks. Pretty to her is a monster(droptines and many points) to me, and wasn't any deer taken out of it this year, I only was able to hunt it a couple times, and passed up small ones. But I doubt a few dead deer here and there will hurt the population, just don't like the chances of it getting worse, of finding more than just a few.
Visit My Hunting Page