HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Turkey Gun
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 12:19 PM
StrutnBPS

Default RE: Best Turkey Gun

This is like asking who's the prettiest girl in America. You will never get everyone to agree on one certain gun and you are going to get a lot of different opinions.

I love my Browning BPS. It patterns very well and has put some gobblers on the dirt. I use it for everything including duck hunting here in the SC swamps. So far, its been the most dependable gun that I've had other than my Remington 700, .270win. I am a lefty so I love the safety being on the top and ejecting from the bottom. Its simple and easty to keep clean and take apart.

The Mossberg 835 is also a great out of the box turkey gun.The safety is also on top. These guns are constantly some of the best patterning guns at about every range.

I bought a NEF 10ga. a few months ago that I will be using this Spring. I really wish I would have bought one of these guns before I did. It fits my body VERY well and is extremely balanced. The recoil is NOTHING like people says it is. From what I have been reading and looking up, the 10ga. has less recoil pounds than a 12ga. 3.5''.

So, you see, I can't even tell you which is best that I own. I have a few more shotguns in my safe and I could go on and on about them also.

Just go and shoulder some guns and see which fits your body the best. With todays chokes and loads, you can pretty much find a great combo to fit any gun.