HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first impressions of duck/goose hunting
Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Diesel77
Nontypical Buck

Default My first impressions of duck/goose hunting

First off, let me say Ive been hunting for well over 20 years. Over the past 20 years I havedone both deer/bow hunting and hunted upland birds via training GSP's for Hunt Tests and Field Trials which lasted about 10 years. I had to put 2 of my beloved dogs down a few years ago and decided to take a break with birds at least for a while.I became a hard core bow hunter and spent every spare minute I had dedicated to it.

Anyway, a guy I work with is an avid duck/goose hunter and I had mentioned seeing some geese and ducks buzzing around the farm fairly often. He finally talked me into going. Well, as of 2 weeks ago I now have another hunting addiction. I want to go every chance I get now. Man what a blast it was to see these birds come to decoys and calls, then it was more incredible to see them lock up and commit to landing rightin front of us!!
It was extremly refreshing to hunt wild birds that werent planted or bred and released just to hunt them. Lots of stuff to learn with the calls, the spreads etc... great fun though I must say