HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The difference in bolts
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 PM
DJH -------
Fork Horn

Default RE: The difference in bolts

SUPER CARBON ARROWS, INC. - Reviewed by Daniel James Hendricks
Who makes the best crossbow arrows on the market? I don’t really know for sure myself, but what I do know is that after shooting SC Magnum Crossbow Arrow from Super Carbon Arrows, I know what I am going to shooting out of my crossbow in the future.

Super Carbon makes arrows for both vertical and horizontal bowhunters. ALL of their carbon shafts are machine rolled for consistency and multi-layered for strength. The precision ground surface offers a smooth finish, while providing the perfect surface for fletch adhesion. Laser checked for straightness, Super Carbon shafts are unsurpassed in consistency of spine weight and straightness.

The Magnum Crossbow Arrow is made to handle the punishing speed and power of today’s crossbows. The precision ground finish provides a quiet, smooth launch allowing your crossbow to perform to the optimum levels of speed and power. The twenty-inch arrows are perfectly fletched with Dura-Vanes and have Moon-Nock and inserts already installed.

I order mine without the vanes, as I like to dress up my arrows with custom arrow wraps from the Bohning Company in Lake City, MI. With Bohning arrow wraps, not only do your vanes and feathers adhere better to the shafts, but also the handsome look they give your arrows makes them unique and able to stand out in a crowd.

The performance of the Magnum Crossbow Arrows is the best and most fun thing to talk about. How many times have you gotten a half dozen arrows and not been able to get a tight group with them. Well it’s happened to me more than I care to discuss and it’s simply because some arrow manufacturers use their junk shafts to make crossbow arrows. Super Carbon’s Magnum Crossbow Arrows fly consistently and true, at least with the bow, tips and broadheads we were shooting.

Our combination of Magnum Crossbow Arrow and a 100-grain Steel Force broadhead (a traditional, cut-on-contact broadhead) proved to be an effective combination. We sighted in our bow with a field-tip. When we were zeroed in, we changed tips and the arrow was still on the mark. Best of all, there was no variation in arrow flight from one shaft to the next.
Another good thing about the sturdy carbon shafts in the Magnum Crossbow Arrow is that you will be able to use them repeatedly. At the high price of arrows, its nice to know that the only way you will be able to destroy these arrows are to loose them or to shred them in the target with a shot from another Magnum. If you are looking for a durable, accurate and uniform crossbow arrow, you owe it to yourself to check out the Magnum Crossbow Arrow.

For more information on the complete line of Super Carbon shafts, give them a call at 540-337-3600. Tell them that the Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine sent you and they will be happy to see to your questions and your needs.