HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NC wants to take away a Saturday out of our season!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
turk2di
Typical Buck

Default RE: NC wants to take away a Saturday out of our season!!!

ORIGINAL: wholelottagobble

Jrbsr-

Im not jumping down your throat...but there is a reason that turkey season opens in early April and not in March. Gobblers and hens need time to breed before hunters come in and disturb them, and start harvesting toms. If I understand you right, your a beginningturkey hunter...spend some time around turkeys inmid-late March andearly April and you will witness lotsof hens with gobblers in the mornings, and probably see some breeding if your there enough. State biologists have a huge say in when turkey season opens, not just NC legislators. Hope his clearsthat up for you.

Hawglips- What is the reasoning behind always starting on April 10?? Also, with the new Youth Seasona week before the official opener...How will they work that?? Youth Season on April 3rd every year...even if its a school-day??? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me...but I don't know anything about the whole situation.

Ky has always set thier season to begin after when biologist studies show that most hens that wanted to be bred, have been!