HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new to bow hunting any good advice? 13 yrs old
Old 01-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Bols

Default RE: new to bow hunting any good advice? 13 yrs old

I just started shooting myself and have been out 5 times. I really suffered the first few times out since I really didn't have anyone to help me out. I would suggest you either find someone you trust and are willing to take advice from and maybe ask them for help. Kind of like a coach. I know videos are good, but it doesn't compare to good first hand coaching.

Today I was shooting and learned a ton from a kid who has only been shooting 9 months. He learned from another guy who has been shooting for awhile.

So my recommendation is first, listen to the advice above, then secondly, find someone who possesses good strong knowledge in archery shooting. If you find someone early, he can keep you from struggling with bad form, wrong setups on your bow, and give you just simple and sound advice to make you a better shooter faster!

And most of all, have fun. I know I have, I hope you find it as rewarding as many people on this forum have.