HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Aaaagh!! My old beloved PSE Edge just broke!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:17 PM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default Aaaagh!! My old beloved PSE Edge just broke!!!!

OMG... I am the luckiest guy around to still be able to have all 10 fingers, both hands, and still relatively okay (shaken, but okay).

I was just out shooting my old 1996 PSE Edge 1000C lefty compound bow into my new Block 4x4 target that I got for Christmas.

Everything was fine, there were no signs of anything going to explode, then all of the sudden right when I hit the release....
BAM!!!!!!!
The whole bow string broke right at the tear drop cables!! I have a small cut at on my right hand at the base of my thumb near the wrist (I shoot lefty), and a nice bump which will most likely bruise soon.

This "was" my bow showing all the components:

Yup... The old style round wheel dual cam type of bow. Here's it's specs if you are wondering:

1996 PSE Edge Series 1000C
65# draw, 65% letoff, 30" draw length
TM Hunter lefty arrow rest
Tru-Glo 3 pin sights
S-Coil stablizer
Limb Savers
String Leeches
Shurz-a-peep

I don't know about getting the old bow fixed back up, since it exploded and I am not sure of any limb damage.

It's sad... I love this old bow and how it feels. But I wonder if the repair would be worth it or, should I just strip it down and buy a new bow?

Thanks for the advice!

Butch A.