HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 PM
SteveBNy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?

I think the vast majority of hunters that support AR are not looking to shoot 60 class 6 pointers but hoping for larger.
So what are they looking for? A 70, 90, 110? Still young, immature bucks. Who gets to decide and why do they get to choose for everyone?

For now I'm just glad that they have stopped the DMP's in many areas.
AR isn't perfect but rather a compromise. It still allows for buck and doe hunting but with the added benefit of potentially trophy quality down the road.
These seem to contradict - how can you "just shoot a doe" if the population doesn't allow permits?

A compromise that promotes trophy hunters desiresand keep sthe hunter who likes to get out with friends and family a couple days, see some deer and maybe get a chance at one. That 60 class, spike or fork is their trophy. Deny them this and in a few years hunter #'s will drop. Maybe this is what the more horn guys want - less competition. No compromise here I can see - just giving the trophy guys what they want and to heck with everyone else.

Steve