HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peep Sight Help
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 12:28 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Peep Sight Help

My suggestion would to use a peep with a tube to align it. I have used the very peep you have and it worked fine but I too would getone of the sectionsin the wrong position as the string stretched. I also did not like the peep in low light. I haveusedpeeps that split the string in two and four sections as well, but they too can rotate and block your view.

Not everyone has a quality string on their bow and most don't come with one either. So your only option when you buy a new bow is to replace the string??? Even that's not a guarantee the string won't rotate. Sometimes extreme weather changes can cause even the best strings to rotate slightly.

So I went back to the tube style peep. Why? because I know it will be in the correct postion when I need it to be. I replace the tube before every season and with the new type of tubing (silicone) it's very reliable in all kinds of weather. I have yet to have one break since I switched back. The new style tubing is also lighter and I did not notice any difference in the sound of my bow. I evenstretched it with my handand let it go (simulate a break) and it didn't even make it to my face, it pretty much lost all of it's steam by the time it made it to thepeep. The key is to make sure it is just short enough to rotate the peep into position, you don't want or need to have it super tight.

In the end the peep you choose will be what you like. I am just giving you my opinion.