HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - permanent blind suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 PM
jimmy the foot
Typical Buck

Default RE: permanent blind suggestions

i like to make natural blinds. I'll cut down thick bushes or trim trees and basically make a brush horseshoe. the thicker the better. then i hit the surrounding area with miracle grow and try to get the weeds or veg around it to grow taller and thicker. it's cheep and looks natural and you don't have to hall a lot of crap out to the woods. i use a chain saw and a limb trimmer. for the miracle grow i use a seed spreader and pellets. as far as elevated stands. i love my sneaky sac. it's very similar to the tree saddle. i don't know how comfortable it would be for a big person but I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs and it is perfect for me. i put tree spikes up all sorts of trees. both screw in and the strap type, and hunt from them by just hanging off of one up in the tree above my head. they say you should use an actual branch to hang frombut the spikes are strong and work fine for me. nice thing about this method is NOBODY can see it unless they walk right on top of them. another piece of advice is buy a portable blind. i bought the cheapest blind on the market, ameristeps outhouse. it's a little to tight for bow hunting, your draw arm with hit the back window if it's closed, but it's perfect for gun. but let me tell you they are awesome all season long. i hit my inside with some silicone and go over the seems with seem sealer for tents. i put mine in around bushes and the deer don't even look at it twice. i was a little skeptical at first but they are worth there money in gold. work REALLY nice in the off season for scouting and turkey hunting too. you don't need to get really elaborate when making blinds or stands and you don't have to spend a lot of $$$ either. good luck and let use know how it goes my friend.