HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Great... JUST GREAT...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: Great... JUST GREAT...

Well, 3-5" tonight, and hubby gets first crack at it in the morning... we'll see how that goes. I went out tonight, saw 5. He's right though NO tracks whatsoever in the woods, really weird. Pat said it best, deer are weird.

I WISH I had killed 'em all... only got that little button buck with my bow so far this year.

Two of the deer I saw tonight were headed away from me, all I saw was their tails in the air while they relieved themselves. Third one I saw was within range, however never cleared the thicket to present a shot for me. Last two I saw were about 250 out and headed into the other side of the woods with 15 minutes of shooting light left. I got out of my stand hoping to meet them in the woods, but they were no where to be found... I have NO idea where they went unless they stopped just on the outside of the woods to graze or something. As I have said, we only have about 4 acres of woods, MAX, and if they were going through it on the same path I saw them enter on... I woulda cut them off, so they musta turned or stopped or something. Oh well... maybe tomorrow night. With all the snow, it will be easy to spot them in the heavy grass straight away from my stand, so that will help.

I'm just hopin' hubby gets one tomorrow morning, that'd be a good start to my day... AND his!