HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Alsatian
Giant Nontypical

Default Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots

I wore my new Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots, purchased from Cabelas, for a week during Oklahoma deer hunting season last week. My comments are below.

Sometimes my feet have gotten cold in the past, on mornings sitting in a ground blind waiting for deer when it is 20 degrees. I had hoped these boots would resolve that problem. I had no cold feet on this trip, but the weather was too warm to pose any real challenge in the cold weather department! I guess it is a positive that the boots did not feel too hot on afternoons when the temperature was 75 degrees and I was walking around in these boots having 400 ounces of thinsulate!!!

The boots were very comfortable. While I had not taken the trouble to walk in the boots before going hunting -- pretty risky behavior on my part -- there was never any blister trouble or even close to blister trouble developing. The boots protected my feet well from rocks kicked in the dark as I was walking and protected my ankles when stepping on unseen rocks in the dark.

No complaints or problems with these boots. I was very happy with them. I wish I had had a chance to test them in the cold, but what are you gonna do? Maybe I ought to take them with me on my annual visit to Illinois at Christmas? Might have an occasion to test them in some cold weather up there.

I bought these boots for a cow elk hunting trip I hope to make next fall. The hunt will be the second rifle season in about the third week of October; near Durango, Colorado; at elevations between 10,000' and 12,000' -- weather permitting.