HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Morning Woods Motivation
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Morning Woods Motivation

depends where im hunting......somedays i wonder why i even bothered...exspecially hunting around home.........hunting tiny wood lots that deer dont live in regularly gets frustration to say the least...all spots tore up with sign...but one day they are across the road...the next they are back...the next they are across a diffrent road....just cant pattern these deer or KNOW that they will be any set area......hope and a prayer and some good luck and you might bag one....if not.....we start our drives around 10 or 11am every day....its also hard because if the wind is bad...or they hear you coming in or anything you are DONE.....its not impossible...but it takes some luck...hard to say where the deer are going to be...and getting to that area before they know your hunting them is dang tough...thats why we drive them out....seems i can never get it right....im always a day behind...last year on the opener i hunted the right side of the road till 11..didnt see a deer period...drivers came through at 11am...nada...nothing....this year i found another good spot on the left of the road...sat till 11....nothing..nada...drove out across the road(where i was last season!) and 2 monster shooters busted out.....hit or miss hunting small pieces like that around home...up here in the big woods i dont mind stand hunting and morning hunting...the deer are more predictable....and if you find them you can bet they will be around pretty often....but some mornings at home i really wonder why i got out of bed to sit in the freezing cold..wind and rain......but hey...when that monster 12pt comes by my spot saturday morning and i blast him ill know why........that is what keeps me going...just the thought that i MIGHT get a shot at one of the bigguns.....thats my motivation