HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Doctor Death drops Local Legend !
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:18 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Well heres what happened ...yesterday here in the south we had a lot of bad weather so there was no hunting for me. This morning I had business to take care of so decided to go hunt this afternoon even though it was pretty windy. I got in my stand about 2.00 and just listened to the wind blow ...about 3.30 the wind dropped off a good bit and about 3.45 I heard my son shoot ..he radioed me to tell me he had taken a 6 point running a doe. I got pumped for him and became a lot more focused. I was looking out the back side of my blind and had just turned my head and saw something running inmy direction hell bound for leather ... flag up at about 150 yards ... I grabbed my old Browning 270 and got ready for hopefully a shot ...as the buck came closer it was hard to tell just how good he was as the field is waste high in sage grass ...when the deer was about 100 yards away he had to make a choice ...to turn away from me and duck into the wood line he had come from which most likely would have elimited a decent shot or he would have to cross the field in front of my blind ...well he made the wrong choice ...as he ran broadside at about 100 yards I made a nanny call to try and stop him ..he kept going ...again I made a nanny call and this timehe stopped dead in his tacks and look towards me ... the Browning recoiled and the buck dropped ... he got back to his feet ..I chambered another round and shot again this time he was down for the count ... I just set there and wondered what had just happened ... my son radioed me to find out what I had shot and I told him to come to my blind ... I waited for him so we could enjoy the moment together .... as we walked up to him I was blown away ...this is a pretty big buck for this area ... this ole buck only has 3 teeth in the lower jaw ..the rest are gone...neighbors have told us about this buck for a couple of years he was "The Local Legend"... MAN what a YEAR !!

DD