HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 2005 PA Buck (Pics)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
White-tail-deer
Nontypical Buck

Default My 2005 PA Buck (Pics)

Well duringthe second day ofour fireamrs seasonhere in PAI finally hooked up with the Buck I was after. I actually got trail camera pictures of this Buck earlier in the year.

[Image]http://onfinite.com/libraries/665901/1b1.jpg[/img]

It was very windy today and I wasn't expecting to see much at all. But as always the deer have minds of their own. My stand was just outside of an old pine treepatch of woodsin the middle of heavy brush, bryars and blown down trees. Isaw two doeearly followed by a small 7 point and a spike buck. They were all travelingon a trail that I had very little visibility of due to the cover. Another small buck passed on the same trail followed byanother buck.By the time I was able to make out that the second deer was a buck I wanted to take, hehad moved through thearea that I had a shooting lane. Iquickly grabbed my grunt tube and grunted several times follwed bygrunt clicks. He came back but didn't hang around. He started to leave again when in desperation I snort weezed with my mouth and he came running back jumped ablow down and was trying desperately to get closer. After struggling withall the brush he jumped back over the blow down and stopped right in the small opening I had broadside. I was ready and had the crosshairs on his shoulder and squeezed off a shot.With a kick of his back legs he was gone. After waiting 15 minutes I followed his trail and found himwithin100 yds.I was extremely happy!!!