HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 'nudder .243 tread ( graphic pics ! )
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default 'nudder .243 tread ( graphic pics ! )

My son Mat whos 9 years old took a spike on a youth hunt down in south texas this past weekend. He took this spike at 205 yds with a high shoulder shot, the buck dropped in his tracks, upon getting close to him I seen he was still alive and in distress, I left my knife in the truck about a half mile back so I had to put another round in his neck at point blank, anyway this is the exit hole on the shoulder shot from 205 yds away. One tough little buck to still be alive after this spine shot.
This was a .243 using 100 gr. fed. gamekings. This is what happens when the "little" .243 hits bone. No problem with penetration !
I had been using hornady's but the feds are a lot cheaper and easier to come by, this is the second year using the feds, I think I will stick with them. Here are two pics, one in the field and one after being skinned.
Cant believe some people claim the .243 is on the small side, the only time I have seen this kind of damage is from a 7 mag.