HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Makes no sense
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:58 AM
kim398pl

Default Makes no sense

Last weekend we saw deer all over the place, 3 were killed on the club. We were seeing and jumping them like crazy. Thanksgiving day, husband goes to his usually morning hunt. He gets in the stand at 7 pm, he looks to his right, no deer, looks to straight and there is a deer, shot and was out of the stand at 7:10. Weather over that weekend was windy, cold and rainy. Weather on T-day, was windy very windy.

I go Friday, in the stand by 6:35, Weather was cold and a little breezy all weekend long, stayed there until 8:45, then walked to my other stand, saw no deer on the way. Stayed there until 10 pm or so, got down and walked to the stand I was hunting in, still no deer, went to camp and ate breakfast, went back out at 11:30, stayed in one stand until 1:30 then went to my other stand, still seeing no deer. Stayed in theat stand till 3:00, was tired, got down and came back to camp. We decided to come home, so we could go out to eat for my birthday.

Friday evening hunt from club members, 3 members hunting, no one saw or jumped anything, same goes for saturday and sunday hunt.

I was very aggravated. I was hunting in the stand that is the "hot stand" This guy has seen deer everytime he say there and has taken 2 bucks, a 6 pointer nad 7 pointer, he let me hunt there cause it was my birthday. I saw nothing, not even squrrels or crows. Made me so mad.

We were suppose to go today, as Monday is our regular hunting day, but it is suppose to be 60-70% chance rain with winds from 15-25 MPH, I don't like to hunt like that, but gee we saw so many deer last week with these kinds of conditions, except maybe the wind, it may have been 10-15 mph hour then.

UGH, I just had to share on my frustration.