HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok
Old 10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
M.Magis
Typical Buck

Default RE: before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

I believe what Scent Loc is saying is that they hold the patent on the way they use carbon technology. There is more than one way to create carbon clothing. Scent Blockers technology is quite different. They even use a different type of carbon. But, you are right that there are other brands out there that are sold under thier own name, but are actually Scent Loc. The last I heard, there were only three manufacturers of carbon lined hunting clothing. Scent Loc, Scent Blocker, and I believe that Supprescent is the other. Each have their own technology and each have advantages. Scent Blocker seems to be the most absorbant, but Scent Loc can withstand more washings. Supprescent can also be washed without losing scent absorbing ablity. As for the original question, I believe that they really do work well, but only when used correctly. Other scent reducing precautions must also be taken ,or else it just becomes expensive camo. But when treated right, I think they are well worth the money.