HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are we really better off as hunters today?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
hossofadoc
Spike

Default RE: Are we really better off as hunters today?

I would say that we are better off, of course I am a young hunter of the age of 24 but, hearing stories and personal experience I think that we are better off. I remember where I'm from in Eastern Kentucky when we weren't allowed to hunt because we simply didn't have enough deer. We used to have to drive 2.5 hours to some place where we could hunt and then all that we were allowed to take was a buck during any of the seasons. Now, I'm able to get up and in 45 minutes be to my land and spot. In the last ten years KY has produced a great wild turkey and elk population which is something that no one would have thought about 15-20 years ago according to my elders.

I will say this, that I am a very simple person and I think that we have way to many devices to use. I think that we have replaced the true woodsman with devices, to make the experience easier/chances greater of bringing home a trophy. In turn I think that a lot of this is brought on by ourselves to help us spend less times in the woods and more time in our cubicals or the fact the we tend to want the easy way out for everything in today's time. Just my 2 cents.

The Hoss