HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA Wolf this year or wait...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA Wolf this year or wait...

missed another..

I used the same arguement in the past when this issue was brought up. I've also said to combat this arguement, shoot according to the manual and you should be all right. Now personally, I have doubts. And for that reason I will not tell someone to purchase a BPI product.

That does not mean BPI does not make a good shooting rifle. All it means is due to the recent additional incident, I just can not in good faith recommend a BPI rifle to someone anymore. If I did that and they purchased a rifle on my opinion, which is all it is, and that rifle ended up hurting them or someone else. I would feel terrible.

And your right, the chances of a BPI rifle blowing a barrel and injuring someone are slim. That's one reason I keep shooting mine. Although I have restricted my loads to it. I hope other shooters seriously look at some of the loads they push through their rifles. I sometimes wish magnum rifles were never thought of. Life was so simple with the old traditional rifles. A roundball, patch and powder...

The poster, MichaelH asked why I had changed my opinion of the rifle. I felt he deserved an answer from me. I just lost my trust in them. Thereare some NEF Sidekicks out there and other good name brands for very reasonable prices. I'm not telling anyone to NOT buy a BPI rifle. I just will not recommend one anymore.

As for the liability for some manufacturer to knowingly sell a product they know to be defective, it would be enough to bankrupt andclose the company down. About like the Apollo did to CVA years back.