HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I used to play football.....does the NFL count?

LOL BigJ12.... Yeah that's got to qualify as another sport!

I played college football, I was a full back...many many moons ago.... coached football for6 years after that, but gave it all up so I could put all my free time outside of work and family to hunting whitetail bucks! I quit everything, softball, going to gym, anything that cut into my whitetail time. I do shed hunt a ton in the winter and spring, which is great exercise...don't know if it would qualify as a sport, but in the steep country I traverse it should. It's a killer leg and cardiovascularworkout.

I still lift weights with my PE class, mostly circuit training/fitness stationsthese days. I'm done with all the heavy squats, powercleans and dead lifting.

I hear ya, I have all but given up the heavy lifting. Too hard on my old bones. I just had two more knee surgeries (scopes) in Aug. and Sep. They feel fine now.

I guess it's the price I have to pay forthe funI had. I can't complain though, football has done more for me than I ever thought it would. It has opened many doors and allowed me to go into business for myself. I played O-line for Denver.There wasn't the kind of money in it like there is today, I guess I was born a few years too early because I would have made a killing now

Lifting is about all I have time for now with work, kids, wife, hunting,etc... But looking back I know, I was truley blessed and lucky to be able to make money playing a game!

It makes me sick listing to the players today crying about the millions they want and think they deserve I would have played for a corndog and a tee shirt. I never argued about my contract, to me it felt like I was steeling their moneyI'm like "ok....you're going to pay ME to play a game that I would play for free anyway?" "Where do I sign!"