HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega Owner Confused and disappointed please help
Old 11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Omega Owner Confused and disappointed

The first thing I would do is take some J-B Bore Paste and scrub the barrel using a small piece of Scotch Brite Scrub Pad, a patch wormand the paste. I would give it about 50 strokes. Then clean it real good. After that I would shoot a box of maxiball out of it. That should make sure that the barrel is nice and smooth.

Since you're sure the scope is attached right, and the scope is not defective, after the cleaning I would try it again on the range. You might also want to pick up a pound of Pyrodex RS. When all else fails go to what they test the rifles with at the factory. When I talked to a tech at Thompson Center, he said that Pyrodex is still one of the best powders out there for shooting. Maybe he has stock in the stuff. I get better results with Goex.

As for swabbing, get a bore brush and a damp/wet patch for the first swab down the barrel. if that comes up filthy then run a second one down. Then be sure to run a couple dry patches after that before you reload. Good luck. It sounds like your on the right track. It might be be the ghost of the new rifle not wanting to leave yet....

Good luck.