HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leading a running Deer???
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Georgetownboys

Default RE: Leading a running Deer???

I under stand your thoughts. . .I qualified as a markman in the military many years ago and have shot many thousands of rounds. At the end of the day though I cannot and will not ever consider it ethical, wise or smart to shoot a running target. I would figure that tomorrow is another day and perhaps then I would get that proper shot.

With that said,to each his own.

I would start hunting weekdays if the only thing on weekends is a bunch offolks shooting anything with fur on it that runs by, sounds dangerous.Folks must be pretty amazing to be able to sex, button vs doeand age a Deer in a split second while shouldering, acquirng and taking the gun off safety and making sure that the area behind the target is safe from a possible missed round. I for one am very impressed. Sounds pretty darn exciting. My blood would sure be pumping when the woodsare full of people and folks start shooting at running game, holy crap. . . .I wonder if there are any statistics on how many more maimed Deer, injured hunters etc. might happen during this style of hunting vs. spoting an animal, taking your time and making a clean, clear safe shot.[8D]