HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cooling off meat in Florida
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:50 PM
bigboar23

Default RE: Cooling off meat in Florida

Chubber, the bags of ice are the easiest till you get them to a processor. It's not as critical as you would think. I have found deer the following morning after a late hit and by the time I got them out and to the processor, many hours had past and it was still excellent meat. Of course, I would love to get them there as fast as possible, unfortunately we deal with the heat down here. Just don't drive yourself crazy. I have found that as long as they are not in direct sunlight, you do have a little time. If you need a good processor in Orlando, I have a great guy. I have been dealing with him for manyyears now and heis the best around. Not only does he age the meat for a better taste, his prices are excellent. He's also a straight up guy who won't cheat you on any meat. (A common thing with some processors). Hedoesn't require you to quarter it first either. I've hear of guys having to do that too! Just drop it off and he'll skin it and process it for you.Just go to my links page on my webpage below and you will see the info for Rick's Ten PointProcessing. I promise you you won't be dissapointed. He's right in downtown.