HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ABOLT 270 130 OR 140 GRAIN BULLETS
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:58 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ABOLT 270 130 OR 140 GRAIN BULLETS

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Screw them light loads, go with a 165grain Federal Premium. We have been using these for many many many years and have had better luck with tese than with any other bullet on the market.
I'd like to know where you got a 165gr load for a .270? The man is asking about a load for the 270 afterall!!!!

Jmoates I would have liked to seen what happened with 139 BTSP on the same shot? I am guessing you'd get much the same result. On a deer the brisket area is really as tough as it gets and when you consider the velocity it was travelling when reaching the close target I'd think only the true premium solid constructed bullets would hold up to this task. If that would have been a behind the shoulder shot you probably would be singing the praises of the SST right now. Not trying to bust your natts but I am a little tried of theinternet "bullet failure" talk, especiallywhen it comes to deer. It is the hunters responsibilty to know the bullet design and how it is intended to be used. So please try doing some research, then pick the bullet that best encompasses your needs.If you should happen to get a freak chance shot that you never planned for then expect the possibilty of less than desired result. You always have the choice of not pulling the trigger as well!