HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE HELP (FAST) 170 class buck
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM
deer-hunter18

Default PLEASE HELP (FAST) 170 class buck

Ok here is the deal, i got all ready for an afternoon in the stand, on my way out to the stand i saw several deer. When i was about 40 yards from my stand All i see is RACK, This was the biggest buck that i have ever seen in the woods, i rough scored him at just under 175". I mean huge, this buck is setting right under my stand just laying there. It is 2 PM i have never hunted this stand yet this year, and it is the same stand that i shot a 152" 8 pointer out of last year. As soon as i saw this rack i hit the ground, and got up on my knees. He was turning his head but his face was under the weeds and the rack was above the weeds, he never smelled me, heard me, or saw me. I just belly crawled out of there and let him lay. Now to the question... Do i hunt that stand all day tomarrow? or do i go in there at about 10 am and try to get there before he does. I have no clue what time he wondered in there. Please help me, i really want this buck, it is the first time i have seen this particular buck, and i dont know what to do. To tell you the truth i am shaking so bad right not i am about to cry. I just got home from this whole incedent. I dont know what to do.