HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Zone T
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Zone T

I say again, just give everyone in the state that buys a bow or gun license 2 free bonus antlerlesstags that can be used statewide and be done with it. This would give all hunters an opportunity to help lower the doe population. During the gun season I purchase 4 or 5 bonus tags for my area for older does or injuredor thoes unfortunate uh-ohs that do happen. It just erks me that no more thana1 mile away from me there is a tzone, and you can bet today that when the guns started blasting, the deer are going to be pretty skittish. It sickens me that the damned dnr decides to put the Tzones right during prime archery season. This is the stupidest thing ever thought. I says have it 2 weeks earlier. And as for the Youth Hunt this saturday,I think its great to have a season for the youth but, again way too close to the rut and right during prime bow season. Move 2 weeks earlier. You wont catch me in the woods on Saturday sitting in a stand wearing Blaze Orange, no way, Im going through my woods in my camo, moving stands, cleaning shooting lanes, making wood, and making sure noone is hunting my land and checking for poached deer. Found way too many poached deer on my land a couple years ago. Didnt report it because we dont want the DNR snooping around our land. Not that we have anything to hide but theres nothing anyone can do. Already have the DNR snooping around as it is from up above several times a day. Not sure why they are so focused on several parcles of land in my area but its getting pretty annoying, have they nothing better to do than fly over us, turn off the engine, and glide in circles for hours on end. In my eyes thats a harrasment lawsuit. not sure if they are tracking bears or timber wolfs or just being the a**es that they are. Alot of my friends and family members quit hunting because of the stupid decissions that the DNR made of the TZONE! How many more will it take to get this crap stopped.