HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finding a lease in central New York in 2006
Old 10-27-2005, 09:31 AM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finding a lease in central New York in 2006

Mach. Myself, and family lease from Cotton-Hanlon. They are great to deal with. Even let us build a camp on the lease. If you haven't spoke to anyone there yet, make sure you contact Bob. He's the manager, and handles all the leases. He's a great guy. They also have a websight
www.cottonhanlon.com Only problem is last I spoke to Bob this past winter, he told me all their lands were leased up. I guess its become very popular. There's also another timber Co. that leases their lands, called Gutchess. I know people that lease from them, and are very happy. Their websight is www.gutchess.com If yeah can't find anything, think I'd work on a contract lease with your farmer. I know friends who had hunting permission on such farms only to loose it, becasue the farmer decided to lease it to some hunting group. You might even be able to work out a lease agreement where your allowed to plant foodplots that'll help you & the farmer. Good Luck