HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your range experiences like?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
etothepii
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What are your range experiences like?

I've had good and mediocre experiences at public ranges, but nothing bad yet. I've seen some real jokers who thought they were hot stuff... but they were ignorant. They didn't bother me though.

I've had some good experiences, though. The park ranger on duty has been helpful on more than one occasion. I was having some issues once, and they guy next to me (a hand loader working with multiple clover leaf groups from his .22-250!!!) had some good advice for me. I eaves dropped on a recently discharged soldier who was teaching his girlfriend how to shoot, and picked up some tips that I had learned as a kid, but got sloppy with...

I've both lent and borrowed tools at the range.

The coolest experience... talking to a former Isreali soldier who shoots competitively in30 cal.

Worst experience... I forgot my ear plugs, and since the range is 45 minutes from my house, I decided to improvise with wet tissues. It didn't work, and I had ringing ears for a couple of days.