HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Coast 2 Coast (27) Thread
Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 AM
RiverBottomBowHunter

Default RE: Official Team 27 Thread

I'm just now starting to see some of the shooters I'm hunting. I have been getting some good pics, butI'm just now gettingdaytime pics. I did shoot a button buck(on accident--didn't see the buttons) the other night. I was walking out of my stand heading towards the truck. As I get to the edge of a wheat field there are two deer feeding. Well we saw each other at the same time. I made a bleat with my mouth for the sole intention of just calming them a little before they ran off. Instead they start walking right towards me. They covered 60 yrds or so quickly. I put my release on, knocked my arrow and waited.I never crouched down, and moved around the whole time,I still had my climber on my back and everything. Well the deer stopped at about 15 yrds and stared at me. I bleated again. They then start to feed. The closest one turned broadside, so I drew back and shot. Perfect hit. This is the 3rd deer I have shot with my tracer knocks and I love them. It was also my first chance to try out my muzzy phantoms. The deer ran 50 yrds and died.
Even though the deer was small this ranks right up there as one of the more fun bowhunts I've had. Plus its the first deer off the ground with a bow!

Now, I'm leaving early today to head out after a bruiser.