HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 03:55 AM
ILL BUCK
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Hey Hazcon, to bad I couldn't put one on the ground like that last year for ilkneeickypoo huh!!

Not much of a story to go with him. Killed him on my own land that I have been hunting for the last 12 years. I don't scout and leave most of my stands up yeararound. I was just waiting for the cold front that came through Illinois that day and picked the stand due to wind direction.

I did have 2year and a half old bucks come by me earlier on the down wind side (about 20 yards away) headed up to a corn field. Thank goodness they got by with out blowing the hunt for me. About 1/2 an hour later a doe about come close enough for a shot but she turned and headed back the way she came from. Then about 20 minutes before dark I heard a buck rubbing his antlers off to my left. Just a few minutes later I saw this nice buck walking towards me on my mowed path that I have around the edge of my grown up bottom field. He was upwind and just walking that path.
He stopped right in my really only good shooting lane I had to that mowed path when I grunted with my mouth. Already drawed back I just let it fly!!!
The hit was right where I thought, a tad high and a tad back. He was quartering too a little which didn't help any. I got a pass thru at 15 yards with a rocket sidewinder catching one lung and liver. The blood trail was not what I have come to expect from above mentioned broadheads and the tracking was tough. Once we found where he finally went back into my woods the tracking got just a little easier and we found him about 100 yards once he went back in the woods. He traveled 300 plus yards total.