HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you think dog hunters/dogs for deer are ruining hunting?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:37 PM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you think dog hunters/dogs for deer are ruining hunting?

welcome briarhead, only a very few hunts have been ruined by dogs for me, i have had a couple of area's where dogs were a problem, some running wild for months and the owners not caring about the dogs or my hunting, i always try to rectify the situation putting myself in the others shoes, i have several dogs, one stays in a fenced in yard, the other two stay in a pasture, hog wire fence and 125+# dogs
they have escaped a few times, but both times people have called and let me know they have seen them out, we live outside a very small town and everybody knows everybody, and they will generally let you know if somethin aint right, ihave a nieghbor that had 2 pit bull dogs that he refused to keep up, i went to him twice the first time to tell him, the second to show him pictures of his beloved dogs that never leave his property, i live 1/2 mi away the first time my wife saw these dogs on our porch, we raise goats and i don't feel like loosing 50-150$ because somebody dosent feel like the need to keep there animals up, so proper measure will be taken to insure that dosent happen, i don't just shoot dogs to be shootin dogs, if they pose no threat to people or livestock, generally they get a free pass, but if they become a nuisence and their owners have no regards fro their well-being, then i take it upon myself to relieve them of the responsibility, BTW i am a animal lover we have cattle, goats, dogs, cats, but all animals have their place and their roll, i blame the iresponsible owners mostly!!!!!!!

again welcome and i say don't shoot a dog unless if it comes down to a have to issue, if you see the same dogs every hunt and have contacted the owner it is obvious they could care lees about their animals[:@]