HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Attractants, Do they really work?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
the BigUn

Default Deer Attractants, Do they really work?

I have been hunting for several years, but lately have moved from edge of field hunting to deep woods. (our lease is moving us around). Problem is I can't get close enough to the deer to get a decent shot. Last year I tried lots of different off the self attractants to get closer to the deer. Just basic stuff from B.P. and Wal-Mart like Deer Cocaine and C'mere Deer. My odds were about the same with all of them. I could see tracks and signs around where I put it out, but never saw the deer actually upon it when I was hunting. At the end of the season I found this new product "Munch Block" from a company I saw a commercial for on Outdoor Channel. It looks like a big candy bar for deer. I got a shot at a deer right in the middle of the lane I cut about 60 yards out, on top of the attractant I put out. (I put it out the night before). It was a perfect head down shot on one of the bigger bucks I knew were on our lease, and had been seeing rubs from. This year I am trying other products they make and see if it really makes a difference. Has anyone else used any of their products and can give me some pointers. Their stuff is online at www.wildgameadvantage.com I want to try their Monster Magnet attractant and see if this is really the new wonder product for getting deer, especially bucks, to get closer to my climbing stand. But I don't want to just waste more money if truly patience and experience are the key to thick brush and woods hunting. Let me know. Thanks