HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Things are looking good!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 08:39 PM
dochendrix
Fork Horn

Default Things are looking good!!!!!

I have been scouting this area all summer and have seen good sign and early this spring I saw a HUGE bodied deer running away from a small pond near my stand. Earlier this summer I spotted this deer when it just started growing antlers and boy let me tell you their bases were huge- but I couldn't tell how big or how many points. Well yesterday my buddy who hunts next to the area I'm hunting told me he glassed a 10 pointer heading toward the land I hunt. This morning I hunted a little until the mosquitoes threatened to carry me off- and then I desided to do a little scouting as I walked out. Well I found a trail I haven't noticed before, it's not very anounced like the one the does have been using- in fact at 1st I didn't think it was a trail. But I drove by the next field on the way out and noticed a low area in the barbed wire fence and you would not believe the impresion in the ground on my side of this fence. Theirs white hair stuck to the fence and whatever jumped it left quite and impression- or actually several . This happens to lead inthe directions I saw this faint trail. He glassed this bigun about 30 minutes before sunset- coming around that field from a huge thicketon the other side of the field. I found a perfect spot for me to set up in a natural ground blind about 60 yds in from the fence. Acorns everywhere and leading right to this small water hole. The only thing that puzzles me is that it is the direct opposite direction from where the does are coming ? Does that sound right?