HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - being married and hunting
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 11:41 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: being married and hunting

OOOOOOHHHHH...I know my wife must wishI didn't hunt as much as I do but she would never say don't do it. She knows it is who I am, I never led her on when first got together in fact I said there is something you need to know before we go any further I am an avid hunter..aka if their is a season I probably will be hunting during it! I think anybody who try's to change a person completelyis with the wrong person to begin with. You can teach a old dog new tricks butthey can't changetheir spots completely. A relationship is a give and take situation. Each is an individual and as such they have different interests but once they become a couple they also must have common interests..the key is to balance the two so each work collectively to build a happy life. I have my hunting, guns&she has her gardening, crafts, shoes, etc. We both like to fish, havechildern, etc. I take hunting trips by myself and send her away by herself. We also make sure we take joint holidays. We split the chores at home and before I hunt I make sure to make meals (since I am the main cook) and have the house tidy. Also a dozen roses delivered mid week while away doesn't hurt.

When you meet a gal you really like be honest with her, tell her your likes/dislikes/passions/fears and ask the same of her.Don't worry their are plenty of women who like men who do men things, you just have to find them..oh and by the way they all will give you some grief it is just that maternal thing they possess& we are clueless about!