HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can't we just argue like civilized rednecks?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:28 PM
okcmco

Default Can't we just argue like civilized rednecks?

Hi all. I see alot of us are coming down on Shortee about the Vang Trail. Now I love a good argument just like anyone. And I am pretty good at it. But there seems to be alot of personal comments floating around. And not just comments about the combatants in the argument. Peolpes wives and families, inteligence, education, and level of phallic endowment have come into question.
Is it the format of an internet forum that gives us free liscence to get personal when we are arguning a matter that concerns a 3rd party, and not ourselves, wives, inteligence, and phalli? I mean does the fact that the people we insult here will never see us at the water cooler, or at the store make us throw caution to the wind and just be A-holes? I have alot of very liberal friends (being a musician and artist) with whom I argue all the time. Although these arguments get heated, I would never want to get insulting to my firends with whom I am arguing. If I cannot make my point without getting personal, I have lost the argument. I eiether need to get more facts, learn to make my point better, or concede that one of my liberal friends has a point. AND THIS HAPPENS ALOT!
I would hope that we can continue the argumnets here, but let's try to do it as if we were face to face. With civility if not cordiality.
Come on people. We are hunters and (I would assume mostly) consevatives. Mudslinging and emotional outbursts are the tools of the other side. I have always viewed conservative stances on issues to be based on facts and levelheaded logic, while liberal issues were argued more from fear, emotion and public opinion.
just a though
okcmco