HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm lost....need help!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:24 PM
brad patriot
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm lost....need help!

I don't know if you have any expirience in setting up a bow or not sounds like you would just have a shop do it.i can tell you one thing there are alot of shops and in perticular the bigger stores like cabelas that don't really have an idea what there doing they are there just to sell you the bow!!! any ways I know this is a single cam here it goes start by turning both limbs in all the way till they both stop the back them off equal turns.count how many turns you turned them in so you get your poundage back to where it is.this will set your tiller even.next set the bow on your leg and look down the string.your string should be in line with your arrow.after that make the center of your arrow is in the middle of the hole where your rest is bolted on too.then you can check your nock points or if you use a loop checck that.they should be square with your arrow.this isa good start point.if you don't have a square go and get one.I use one that you screw your arrow on too then it clips on the string don't get a T squre they are not easy to use.they make alot of different kinds.if you havea square and a set of allen wrenchs you can set your bow up your self then you know its right.if you got a manual with the bow it should show you how to set it up too.this the way that I do it and it works very good.9 times out of 10 I can shoot parfect holes through paper when I;m done.another good thing you could do is download the tech bulliten off from www.eastonarchery.com remember your bow is not a dual cam bow its a single. also I don't know what you are using for anchor a peep sight or a kisser button if they moved either of these its going to throw your sights off alot.the lower you anchor your release the higher your pins are going to be.and vise versa.