Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .243 vs. 30-30

ORIGINAL: Flying Ferris

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

nope !
still contradicting yourself.
Actually he's not. There not to much meat you need to fly a bullet through on a 'youte plus you don't want to ruin the pelt with 2 big .308 sized holes. Where as a bear you need at least 90% of the bullet to survive it's travel through the animal. So it's easier for a bullet to do just that at slower velocities and when it's bigger. Reading up on terminal ballistics may be in order eh' zrexpilot?

LOL ! I never been told that here on this board. Most of the time I'm told to quit reading ballistics.
.243 vs 30-30
Hmmmm. .243 shoots a lot faster, a lot flatter, a lot farther, has more energy, retains 90% of it bullet weight, mushroom to almost 50% its normal size (.45 diameter) hasa better coefficiency, has a better sectional density. Hmmmmn.....no contest
.243 is better for deer , bear, elk, moose, bobcat, jaguar, coyote, wood chuck, ground hog, squirrel, crows, axis deer, fallow deer, black buck, antelope, mountain lion, big horn sheep,( takes a breath) seals, goats, pigs, javelina, rabbit, fox, or anything I have forgot.