HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Goose Decoys
Thread: Goose Decoys
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Gundigest
Typical Buck

Default RE: Goose Decoys

I don't like the GHGs for a few reasons, while they do look good the head and feet system sucks.The heads screw on and we have a problem with a couple of ours that wont go on all the way and then they fall off. The feet are to complicated and some times it is a struggle to get them on. The Big Foots and Judges are much easier. We haveall three I got the Judges on sale 8 for $50 and they work good and look good but if I was going to pay full price I would go with the Big Foots. They are easy, durable and look good to. If flocked heads are improtant to you GHG makes flocked heads for the Big Foots, 6 heads for $25 (cheaper than the Big Foot replacement heads). If I had $500 to spend I would get 12 Big Foots (1 active and 2 feeder packs) ($300), 12 Silhouettes ($100), 6 Flambeau Magnum shells ($75), and a flag ($25-40). This will give you a variety of decoy positions thay would look more realistic than all standing or sitting. And you would be starting off with 2 1/2 dozzen. I don't like the carrylites the paint dosent stay on them very well at all.