HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM
PAhunterJEN

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Thought I would add to this thread. Very interesting by the way....

Growing up my father, brothers, uncles & grandfather all hunted. Not once was I ever asked if I was interested in hunting. It just was not a woman thing. I've always preferred sitting with the guys when they were talking hunting and fishing - it's much more interesting than the latest fashions and childrearing advice. So after buying some land out in the country I've decided to give hunting a try. I've learned everything all on my own. I've read books and watched hunting programs on TV. I'm a pretty good shot and I know my way around the woods. I can track and read the signs, the wind and the weather.

In the woods now my brothers and one uncle have no problem with me hunting with them. My grandfather is now gone and my father only fishes. I've met other male hunters in the woods and they all look at me funny. I can tell some of them don't want me there while others treat me just the same as a guy. I think some of the problem is that some guys think they will be out-hunted. It's a silly way to think if you ask me. LOL I've always wanted to be one of the guys though - you know, going to camp and having fun drinking, burping, farting and carrying on. I guess I'm a tomboy at heart. Don't get me wrong though - I'm still all woman when the time calls for it.

P.S. Hey Illinois... Thank you