HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Illinois Bowhuntin

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

I grew up wiht my mother who loved to hunt as much as myself.When I was 4 I can remeber my mother stalking a desert goat (wild) she stalked it for well over a mile before putting it down with a awell placed shot.This is one of my first memories as a child that I can remember.Some things stick with you a life time.I waqs so proud of her as she is with me when she asks how I am doing during bow season.She always has me email her pics of my bucks.She hangs them in her salon for all to see.My 11 yr old daughter wants a bow for X mas. Guess what she will be getting?I have taken my daughters hunting with me several times they love it.It doesnt mattter to me if a fellow hunter is a man or woman.I am proud to call them my huntin buddy either way.We are all a family that hunts and some of us who bow hunt are a closer family.Anyone who wants to bow hunt has my utmost respect and admirration.
So to your question I say yes I give acceptance to women.I have a woman on my contest team.I call her my good luck charm.