HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montec G5 Review
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:18 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default Montec G5 Review

Well, I heard so much about the Montec G5100'sbroadhead I just had to try them. So I went last weekend and bought some to try out. NowI am by no means an expert in the broadhead field but I will give you my opinion none the less.

First off let me tell you for those who don't know, I have shot both the fixedThunderhead 100's in the past as well as the mechanicalSpitfire Pro 100's. I like both and both shoot the same for me. Never really a problem with either but I did find myself buying replacement blades for them when I thought they were needed. I never tried to sharpen them.

I shotall threeat 20, 30, and 40 yds (my pin settings) The first thing I noticed is the Montecsflew just like my field points as all three distances. Infact all three broadheads grouped great.Penetration on all three was good, the Montec'swent slightly further into my target at all distances than the Thunderheads,that went slightly further than the Spitfires. Being that I know I have had mostly pass throughs with the Thunderhead and Spitfires, I have no doubt the Montec's will perform just as well if not better.

All three broadheads seemed pretty quiet to me, I couldn't tell if any of them made noise. All in all I am pretty impressed with the broadheads and the fact that I can sharpen them makes them even more appealing to me. They also seem to be by far the toughest of the three broadheads. It's a pretty good design (one piece) and looks like it can take a beating.

They seemed pretty sharp out of the tube I would have no problem hunting with them right out of the box. After shooting them I sharpend them on a flat stone I use for my knifes, and they sharpened up just like new and perhaps slightly sharper. They are very easy to sharpen and fool proof. all you do is lay the broadhead on the stone and it is at the perfect angle to sharpen....pretty cool, it takes the guess work out as far as having the correct angle while sharpening.

I am very excited about these broadheads and can't wait to try them out on deer. I don't think you can go wrong.