HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee
Old 07-27-2005, 06:16 AM
WVHunter129

Default RE: WV DNR Proposes New Lifetime License Fee

Kevin your correct about it being a good deal, and if anyone can, they should get them. You never know when the state may do away with them. That was my son's worry when he was in school and working part time that the state would do away with it before he could save the money.

I have had mine for 10 years now, but of course 10 years ago they were cheaper. I think the combined life time hunting and fishing was $300 ten years ago. If you bought an individual hunting, like my one brother in law did you would pay $250 for it, then if you decided you also wanted the life time fishing you would pay another $250. So the combined package is the way to go.

It is such a good feeling knowing that I don't have to run out in December and buy a license so I can hunt in January.

I had a guy ask on my hunting forum, if he bought the life time and then moved out of state if they would still be good. That is the thing with the life time license, it is life time and doesn't matter where you live after you have done purchased them. The only requirement is that your a resident of the state before you buy them. Once you have received them, their good from now on!