HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Factory loads for Browning A-Bolt - 7mm Mag
Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
fillae
Fork Horn

Default Factory loads for Browning A-Bolt - 7mm Mag

Looking for advice from all the A-Bolt owners out there. This will be my 2nd season Elk Hunting. I used 160 gr Federal Accubonds last season, but was unhappy with how they shot out of my a-bolt. I use 150 gr Rem core-lokts for whitetail and have been extremely happy with how they shot. By "how they shot", I mean I was able to keep tight groups at up to 200 yds with them. The groups I shot with the Accubonds where not as tight, or consistent. I used the same setup when shooting both. I would really like to find a premium bullet/load that I can use for both whitetail and elk. Since the core-lokts shoot well out of my gun, I was thinking about sticking with a Rem load, and going with the 160 gr Swift A-Frame. Should I expect similar results by sticking with rem loads, or does the bullet have more of an impact on how they shoot? Any A-Bolt owners (particularly in 7mm mag) out there that have found a good shooting premium factory load?