HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Holy Smokes. I may just hunt with my bow at 60#
Old 07-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Africasunrise

Default RE: Holy Smokes. I may just hunt with my bow at 60#

I visited our local bow shop yesterday to buy the Bowtech Allegiance with the Equalizer Binary Cam system. I also needed a 2nd string/cable replacement on my old Patriot single cam 2002 model. After adding a new rest, sights and string/cable (old ones took some serious hammering) I just could not motivate the buying of a new bow.
The Bt.Alleg. i tested was set to 80 pounds and I have to say it actually felt like my Pat. set at 70p. For the rest, - 6 for the one, half a dozen for thee other.
Maybe its because a know my old Pat. so well that I stuck to it?
I’m not big on 3d shoots and competitions and mainly use it for hunting.
I only had 20 shots with the Allegiance and its quite new in SA (I did do my homework on the new futures and abilities of the Alleg.) so any hands-on input would be welcome.
I posted the above post a while back. I have shot the Alleg. again and was quite impressed. Things have change since, one of my hunting buddies and best friend shoots a BT extreme solo. He tried my pat. Over the weekend and just loved it. His a bit short on money at the moment and we’re now going to the pro shop to sell his ES so he can take my Pat. I would then use that money to help pay for a new Allegiance for myself. Are we doing the right thing here?