HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - first deer, first anything actually
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 AM
DannyD
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: first deer, first anything actually

Pro-line
I live in Barboursbille (outside of Huntington). I don't have any huntable property so I go to Beech Fork state park. In fact my daughter took her deer in the field by the rifle range there. We had noticed the deer liked to go to the fields near evening so we sat there while listening to the hunters sight in their guns. When the doe came out at about 160 yards my daughter saw it first and whispered "hey look at that dog coming through the bushes" a few minutes later she waited for it to turn broadside and took the shot. I had no idea if it was hit at first. Iasked herif she was on it when she pulled the trigger. She said she had the crosshairs right behind the shoulder like we practiced. The deer went back through the bushes and fell right on the dirt road leading to the range. I think I called everyone I knew by the time we got home. She practiced for months with her 22lr before that shot. I was incredibly proud of her.
She wants to go back there this year but i'm not sure we can. There appears to be some restrictive laws coming out for Beech Fork this year. We'll see